NOTABLE CASES OF SUCCESS
David, Matt and Bill, along with their legal team, have established an excellent reputation of zealously representing their clients. The members of the David M. Lowe Law Firm treat clients with dignity and respect, earning their trust and confidence. The following is a representation of the results of notable cases that David, Matt and Bill, along with their team, have obtained for their clients:
- Railroad Crossing Accident $2,000,000
- Motorist v. Trucking Company $1,000,000 (non-operated back injuries)
- Engineer v. Railroad $1,700,000 (non-operated back)
- Engineer v. Railroad $750,000
- Engineer v. Railroad $450,000 (cumulative trauma)
- Lead Service Attendant v. Railroad $450,000
- Sleeping Car Attendant v. Railroad $300,000
- Chef v. Railroad $200,000
CRIMINAL DEFENSE, TRAFFIC & MILITARY LAW
Since 1990, David has been representing individuals accused of misdemeanor and felony violations of both state and federal laws. David has helped many of his clients obtain acquittals and not guilty verdicts, including at all levels of military courts-martial. As a retired Colonel having served in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps for more than 27 years, David is uniquely qualified to represent service members in all types of cases, including those accused of military crimes.
EXPERIENCE • KNOWLEDGE • RESULTS
David was a co-owner and partner in the law firm of Lowe & Lowe, LLC for 15 years. Some of the cases, which represent a few of Lowe & Lowe’s accomplishments during his tenure at the firm, include the following:
Personal Injury and Product Liability
- Client received a jury verdict of $675,000.00 for ankle injury and PTSD when she was hit head-on by a tractor trailer rig in Southeast Missouri.
- Client received a significant settlement from a nationwide hair salon, where an employee applied a spiral permanent wave, burning the client’s scalp and damaging the hair.
- A man who lost his lower arm in the retraction cycle of a defectively designed log-splitter received a settlement.
- Two men received crush injuries when the landing gear in a trailer they were unloading sunk into the ground causing the trailer to tip and the steel siding to pin them in the trailer. After filing suit, both cases settled for confidential amounts.
- Client was unloading his commercial vehicle at a grain elevator at night and stepped into an open auger pit and his leg was seriously injured by the moving auger. We obtained a six-figure settlement for the client at formal mediation.
- A client received a six-figure settlement after her below-the-knee prosthesis failed causing her to fall and requiring an above-the-knee amputation.
- A family whose small son was crushed from a defectively designed dresser falling on him received a six figure settlement.
- A family who lost their unborn child in a car wreck received a settlement for the wrongful death of the unborn baby and the personal injuries to the mother.
- A family who lost their 85-year-old father in a head-on collision received a settlement through mediation with the insurance company before any formal litigation was filed.
- Several young clients received six-figure settlements from the same physician in Rolla, Missouri. The physician had performed tonsillectomies on a number of children and caused permanent scarring in the area of the eustacian tubes and naso and oral pharyngeal area.
- Another client received a substantial six-figure settlement from the same Rolla, Missouri, physician who performed a UP3 surgery and in the process punctured the client’s dura.
Federal Tort Claim (claims for injury against the federal government)
- A client received an improperly administered elbow injection and suffered a significant loss of motor function and sensory function in his left arm and received a six-figure settlement through a claim pursuant to the Federal Tort Claim Act.
- A client, who was a child residing on Fort Leonard Wood, suffered dog bite wounds to the face and received a settlement through a claim pursuant to the Federal Tort Claim Act
Many of the cases handled by the Law Firm of David M. Lowe are confidential in nature – both in the identity of our clients and the settlement/verdicts obtained on their behalf. We have, therefore, limited this list to only those instances in which our clients have agreed to have some details of their case made public; or where the details were in the publicly filed pleadings. We caution viewers that past results reported on this website afford no guarantee of future results. Our viewers must realize that every case is unique and will be evaluated on its own merits.